Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Office: Chairmodel

Twice during tonight's episode of The Office (my very very favorite show) a character said (or sang) something that made me think, "I need to see that written down, because I think it will look even more ridiculous than it sounded."

First there was Andy explaining that he didn't fight to get the parking spaces back just out of self-interest:

"Did I do this for me? No. I did this for the little guy, for Joe Six-Pack, the guy who wakes up every morning in his $400 a month apartment and wonders how he's going to pay his mortgage that month, wonders how he's going to fill his car up with oil, wonders, "How am I going to pay my kid's orphanage bills?" That guy shouldn't have to wonder where he's going to park."

On first viewing I caught the orphanage bills part, but I missed that the guy was living in an apartment and worrying about how to pay his mortgage.

And then Michael singing in the cemetary:

"Bye bye Miss Chairmodel lady
I dreamt that we were married and you treated me nice
We had lots of kids drinking whiskey and rye
But why'd you have to go off and die?
Why'd you have to go off and die?"

The only thing that marred the tag for me was that when they showed that time had passed and Michael and Dwight seemed breathless from singing, they were only singing the second verse of the song (third at most).

As adorable as Jim and Pam were (and believe me, I had a big silly grin on my face) I'm now terrified at the idea of Jim's proposal. Pam's attempts to keep the joke going while Jim was saying he was serious about moving in together and proposing were worrisome, and her face definitely fell after he walked away from her desk. I think someone's been burned by her endless engagement to Roy and things aren't going to go as smoothly as Jim seems to think...

No comments: